3 Ideas For Spring Home Improvement Projects In Destin, Florida
“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. Spring brings out the desire to let in the fresh air and scrub everything down to get your house looking its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Destin to get your home looking like new.
1. Perform A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is the perfect time to check that all of your home’s systems are working properly for the the upcoming summer months. Homeowners in Destin should inspect these things every spring:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to check that it’s ready for the coming summer heat. Swap out your furnace and air conditioning filters so that your HVAC system is energy efficient. Many HVAC companies will do this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your family safe. Put new batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Fix the caulking as needed. Put in window treatments, including plantation shutters, to improve your window’s energy efficiency and temperature control. Open every window to make sure that they can move freely.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really shine, give it a deep clean. Start by decluttering all of your rooms to open up the space. Then clean areas you don’t scrub regularly.These areas include kitchen and bathroom walls, baseboards, floors, and ceiling fans. Shine your bathroom and kitchen fixtures. Vacuum your furniture, and clean under and behind it.
Bring in more natural light by cleaning your windows. Wash your windows and screens to get rid of smudges and dust. Clean your window treatments including shutters, draperies, and shades. You can give your blinds a new look with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After your home is nice and clean, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate your rooms is to use what you already have. Rearranging your furniture can give the room a whole new feel. You can also shop your house. This means you switch out the furniture and accessories you own between rooms. Add more color to your rooms with colorful accessories, new paint, and plants.
If you’re ready to completely redo a room, then check out our idea gallery for inspiration and ideas. It’s full of photos of stunning rooms and window treatments for all areas of your house. Once you’ve picked the style and color scheme you like, you can add coordinating paint colors, furniture, and accent pieces.
An easy update for your home is to add window treatments that match yourcurrent furnishings and enhance your rooms. You can pick from a variety of shutters including plantation shutters, reclaimed wood shutters, and barn door shutters as well as shades and blinds.
Get More Design Tips
If you want even more ideas for your home, browse through our design tips. And when you discover a look and window treatment that you want for your home, give us a call at 850-203-0419 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our team will help you find the right window treatment to give your home a beautiful new look this spring.