Design Your Polywood Shutters with our New Shutter Designer
Would you like to see what each Polywood shutter option will look like before you purchase? Our Shutter Designer makes it simple. Choose your plantation shutter color, louver size, tilt, and frame. Be sure to set your background wall color and get a more accurate feel for how Polywood® shutters will complement your windows. When you've found the right shutter, download your ideal shutters and e-mail them to our Sunburst store and we’ll craft a quote on your custom-designed Polywood shutters.
Just a few shutter tips:
- Most Destin homeowners pick Snow White.
- 3.5” louvers narrowly beat out 4.5” louvers in popularity.
- Pick a standard tilt rod for a rustic or conventional style home, and hidden tilt for a more modern style.
- Split tilt and divider rails are popular choices when you want to close the bottom louvers for privacy while tilting open the top louvers to let in light.
- As for frames, the big rule of thumb is if you have trim/casing around your windows, try the Decorative L, Flat L, or Standard L. If you don’t have casing, all frames will work.
- If you have a sill piece at the foot of your window opening—usually made from wood or marble—be sure to choose “with Sill” so your shutters are built with the sill frame that sits on top of your sill piece.